METHODOLOGY AND DATA QUALITY TEAM
Interested in building a state-of-the-art data factory, working with truly big data, serving the world’s leading Internet, tech and media companies? Verto Analytics is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data Enrichment team in Helsinki or Paris.
Verto collects market research data directly from consumers, by inviting them to participate in research panels. With the consumers’ consent, we collect behavioral data about the use of devices, apps, and websites, utilizing both surveys as well as research apps installed to their computers and mobile devices, passively metering their behaviors.
As a Data Analyst, your role is to develop new methods to enrich the data collected from our passively-metered research panels to enable the building of unique data products providing insights and value to our customers.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and maintain our data enrichment pipelines, databases, tools, and codebase: Hands-on role in implementing scalable, interworking solutions. Modularization of existing solutions and identifying independent components.
- Develop, maintain and extend our web crawling framework
- Work alongside the software development teams in building and maintaining integrations with 3rd party metadata providers
- Develop and maintain our survey ingestion process and build the necessary data cleansing tools
- Excellent coding skills with scripting and programming languages (must: Python; secondary: Scala, Java, Julia, R, C, bash)
- Experience with web crawling frameworks (preferably on Python: e.g. Scrapy)
- Good relational database skills (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift)
- Exploratory data analysis skills: ability to dive into data, search for patterns, do diagnostics and problem solving
- Ability to work in a cross-disciplinary team of highly skilled individuals. We strongly believe in team power
- Strong math, statistics and quantitative reasoning and problem solving skills
- Systematic mindset and attention to details
- Sc/M.Sc degree in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, computer science, statistics, economics, physics or mathematics
We also appreciate:
- Familiarity with AWS cloud solutions: (S3, EC2, ECS, EMR, Glue, Athena)
- Familiarity with CI tools: Docker, automated deployment, orchestration
- Experience in developing integration solutions by using REST APIs
- Spark, Hadoop, or other NoSQL experience
- Knowledge of different visualization frameworks and BI tools, e.g., Tableau
- Understanding of network communication protocols (esp. HTTP)
- Understanding of the ecosystems and markets for new devices, apps and Internet services
- Experience as a developer / analyst role in a relevant field (e.g., media / market research)
- Experience in building analytic pipelines for large data sets
Does this seem like a good fit?
Be part of our success story and apply today!
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate has been found. For more information about the position, you can also contact our Head of Data Enrichment, Ibrahim Elkadi (email@example.com).
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch benefit
- Healthcare plan
- Laptop / workstation of your choice
- International, open and customer-focused working culture
- A great opportunity to be part of an innovative, highly skilled team of professionals
Here’s why you should join our data team.
We Sponsor Your
Whether it’s learning a new technology or improving your email communications skills, self-development is strongly encouraged.
Have Your Say
We regularly discuss how to improve our research and data analysis. Everyone’s opinions matter, and we encourage new ideas for keeping our customers happy.
We deliver insightful data analyses and visualizations that help our customers answer their most important business questions.
The Company Is Cool
We have relaxed atmosphere and support remote working when possible. And we don’t insist on the idea of open space office.
Verto Analytics is a leading digital media measurement services provider. We cover the digital and hardware ecosystems across various platforms, and enable companies like EA and Cisco to access timely data on multi-screen consumer behavior through our business intelligence and analytics solutions. We operate in all major markets, and have teams in New York, San Francisco and Espoo.
Not seeing a job that matches your skills?
Send your CV and cover letter anyway.