METHODOLOGY AND DATA QUALITY TEAM
Senior Data Analyst/Data Engineer
Interested in building a state-of-the-art data factory, working with truly big data, serving the world’s leading Internet, tech and media companies? Verto Analytics is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Methodology and Data Quality team in Helsinki, Finland.
Verto collects market research data directly from consumers, by inviting them to participate in research panels. With the consumers’ consent, we collect behavioral data about the use of devices, apps, and websites, utilizing both surveys as well as research apps installed to their computers and mobile devices, passively metering their behaviors.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will have a major role in defining and developing the pipelines that refine the data collected from our passively-metered research panels into data products providing insights and value to our customers.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and maintain our data processing and quality assurance methods, tools, and codebase: Hands-on role in implementing scalable, interworking solutions. Modularization of existing solutions, identifying independent components.
- Specify and develop new data products and product features for our analytical platform: Standardization of analytical methods, reproducibility, performance improvements reproducibility.
- Collaborate internally with other Analyst teams, Software teams, and Product Management: assure that we produce the best possible solutions to address customer needs.
- Several years of experience in a developer / analyst role in a relevant field (e.g. predictive maintenance, market research)
- Excellent coding skills with scripting and programming languages (must: Python; secondary: Scala, Java, Julia, R, C, bash)
- Experience in building analytic pipelines for large data sets
- Advanced relational database skills
- Familiarity with CI tools: Docker, automated deployment, orchestration
- Exploratory data analysis skills: ability to dive into data, search for patterns, do diagnostics and problem solving
- Ability to work in a cross-disciplinary team of highly skilled individuals. We strongly believe in team power
- Strong math, statistics and quantitative reasoning and problem solving skills
- Systematic mindset and attention to the detail
- M.Sc. / PhD degree in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, economics, physics or mathematics
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
We also appreciate
- Experience with statistical and quantitative modeling (e.g. regression, classification, clustering) and machine learning
- Familiarity with AWS cloud solutions: (S3, EC2, ECS, EMR)
- Spark, Hadoop, Pig, Hive or other NoSQL experience
- Experience in database management
- Knowledge of different visualization frameworks and BI tools
- Understanding of network communication protocols
- Understanding of the ecosystems and markets for new devices, apps and Internet services
Does this seem like a good fit?
Be part of our success story and apply today!
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate has been found. For more information about the position, you can also contact our Head of Methodology and Data Quality, Mikael Mohtaschemi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch benefit
- Healthcare plan
- Laptop / workstation of your choice
- International, open and customer-focused working culture
- A great opportunity to be part of an innovative, highly skilled team of professionals
Here’s why you should join our data team.
We Sponsor Your
Whether it’s learning a new technology or improving your email communications skills, self-development is strongly encouraged.
Have Your Say
We regularly discuss how to improve our research and data analysis. Everyone’s opinions matter, and we encourage new ideas for keeping our customers happy.
We deliver insightful data analyses and visualizations that help our customers answer their most important business questions.
The Company Is Cool
We have relaxed atmosphere and support remote working when possible. And we don’t insist on the idea of open space office.
Verto Analytics is a leading digital media measurement services provider. We cover the digital and hardware ecosystems across various platforms, and enable companies like EA and Cisco to access timely data on multi-screen consumer behavior through our business intelligence and analytics solutions. We operate in all major markets, and have teams in New York, San Francisco and Espoo.
Not seeing a job that matches your skills?
Send your CV and cover letter anyway.