Associate Data Analyst Position
Interested in working on customer engagements with the world’s leading Internet, tech and media companies? Verto Analytics is looking for an Associate Data Analyst to join our Market Insights team in either San Francisco or New York. This person is someone who is creative, excited to learn and eager to take on new challenges. In this role, you will be working with some of our largest clients on high-value studies exploring how consumers move throughout their purchase cycle and use media to make their decisions.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in projects with customer-facing exposure, working with Fortune 500 companies
- Perform hands-on analysis of our data to create and deliver customized insights and reports
- Be part of the team designing analytics plans, building hypotheses and claims with the client or your Verto colleagues, and turning around end-to-end research engagements for our clients’ important business decisions
- Present the research outcomes and recommendations to business decision-makers and help them understand & act on the findings
- Collaborate internally to help build new data products and product features for our analytical platform, together with our analysts and engineers
- Work with Client Solutions, Sales, R&D, and Product Management teams to assure that we find the best possible solutions to address customer needs
- Experience building data-driven insights and narratives using third-party data, customer data, behavioral or survey datasets.
- Be able to conduct exploratory data analysis skills and understand larger picture trends happening within the data.
- Advanced data analysis and visualization skills using Excel, Tableau or other BI tools. Knowledge of Python, SPSS, Stata or other tools are a plus.
- Ability to produce and present high-quality presentations and reports (slide decks, spreadsheets) for audiences with high expectations
- Be able to manage multiple projects from beginning to end in a fast-paced environment.
- Focus on details and on creating accurate, quality results.
- A BA / BS in Marketing, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative or business oriented field.
We also appreciate:
- An understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem and how it works.
- Experience working with and deriving insights from online behavioral data.
- Previous experience working in the advertising or research fields
- Analysis skills using Python or SQL are considered a plus, but not necessary.
- Your location could preferably be either in the Bay Area or New York, but it is not a requirement. Good skills and readiness in our working with our customers and colleagues via electronic means and video/Internet calls are appreciated.
A little about us:
Verto Analytics is a media research company based out of Helsinki, Finland. We set out to rethink how people think about media research and have created a unique panel that gives up unparalleled insights into consumer behavior. Founded in 2013, we’re still considered a startup, however, we’re rapidly growing our presence in the US.
Here’s why you should join our data team.
We Sponsor Your
Whether it’s learning a new technology or improving your email communications skills, self-development is strongly encouraged.
Have Your Say
We regularly discuss how to improve our research and data analysis. Everyone’s opinions matter, and we encourage new ideas for keeping our customers happy.
We deliver insightful data analyses and visualizations that help our customers answer their most important business questions.
The Company Is Cool
We have relaxed atmosphere and support remote working when possible. And we don’t insist on the idea of open space office.
Verto Analytics is a leading digital media measurement services provider. We cover the digital and hardware ecosystems across various platforms, and enable companies like EA and Cisco to access timely data on multi-screen consumer behavior through our business intelligence and analytics solutions.
We operate in all major markets, and have teams in New York, San Francisco and Espoo.
Not seeing a job that matches your skills?
Send your CV and cover letter anyway.